Edge iO 28: Connecting Wired Input and Output Points
Edge28 Input/Output Summary
Dry Contact / Switch (Open/Closed Circuit)
Analog: Resistance, Thermistor, 0-10vdc, 4-20mA OR Digital: Dry Contact / Switch (Open/Closed Circuit)
Digital 0v or 12vdc (drive a 12v relay)
Analog: 0-10vdc, 4-20mA OR Digital: 0v or 12vdc (drive a 12v relay)
Dry Contact Relay Output
Applying voltages greater than 12v to the DI, UI, DO, UO, or GND terminals will cause permanent damage to the Edge28 circuitry.
There are 7 Digital Inputs on the Edge28 Controller.
Digital Inputs are used to detect Open/Closed Circuit switched signals. These include switches, relay signals, and dry contact outputs from other devices.
Digital Inputs are connected between the Ground(GND) terminal and the selected DI terminal. There is no polarity for Digital Input wiring (ie. input wires can be swapped).
There are 7 Universal Inputs on the Edge28 Controller.
Universal Inputs are used to detect Analog OR Digital signals. They support several types of input signals (detailed below).
Universal Inputs are connected between the Ground(GND) terminal and the selected UI terminal. There is usually a correct polarity for Universal Inputs (ie. correct wire must be on UI# terminal).
Universal Inputs support the following types of input signals:
- Resistance - Input is based on resistance. The most commonly used resistance input is Thermistor temperature sensors where resistance varies with change in temperature. There is no polarity for Resistance inputs (ie. input wires can be swapped).
- 0-10vdc - Input is based on DC voltage signal over the range of 0v to 10v. This voltage range is related to a defined range on the device that produces the 0-10v signal.
- 4-20mA - Input is based on current signal over the range of 4mA to 20mA. This current range is related to a defined range on the device that produces the 4-20mA signal. Because this signal is based on loop current it does not suffer from voltage loss due to long wire runs, or damage to the wire.
- Digital - Only 2 possible states: either an Open circuit or a Closed circuit. There is no polarity for Digital inputs (ie. input wires can be swapped).
To switch between the various Universal Input signal types, the onboard UI type selection pins must be configured with the correct jumper setting. There are 7 sets of UI configuration pins, each of these sets of pins has 3 possible jumper positions.
UI Configuration Pin Header:
UI Configuration Pin Jumper Position Settings:
Input Signal Type
0 - 10vdc
- Measuring 0-10vdc
- Actuator Position Feedback
- 0-10vdc Sensors
- Signals from other Devices
No Jumper Installed
- Thermistors (10k or 20k)
- Switches/Dry Contact
Jumper installed LOW (close to printed UI# text)
4 - 20mA
- 4-20mA Sensors
Jumper installed HIGH (further from printed UI# text)
There are 5 Digital Outputs on the Edge28 Controller.
Digital Outputs can either output 0v or 12vdc. They are most commonly used to energize a 12vdc interface relay. Can also be used to energize an LED or other devices with low current draw.
Digital Outputs are connected between the Ground(GND) terminal and the selected DO terminal. There is a correct polarity for Digital Outputs (ie. correct wire must be on D# terminal).
There are 7 Universal Outputs on the Edge28 Controller.
Universal Outputs are used to drive Analog OR Digital signals. They support several types of output signals (detailed below).
Universal Outputs are connected between the Ground(GND) terminal and the selected UO terminal. There is correct polarity for Universal Outputs (ie. correct wire must be on UO# terminal).
Universal Outputs support the following types of output signals:
- 0-10vdc - Output is a DC voltage signal in the range of 0v to 10vdc. These can drive actuators, speed signals, etc...
- Digital - Digital Outputs can either output 0v or 12vdc. Most commonly used to energize a 12vdc interface relays, or drive LEDs.
There are 2 Relay Outputs on the Edge28 Controller.
Relay Outputs are a dry contact switched output. The relay is internal to the Edge28 controller.
Relay Outputs are connected between the A and B terminals for each R1/R2 Relay Output. There is no polarity for Relay Output wiring (ie. output wires can be swapped).
Relay Outputs have a maximum voltage and current rating. Max 2 amps @ 48vac.
- Connecting Wired Inputs
- Powering the Edge28 Controller
- Edge28 Dimensions and Mounting
General: Connecting Wired Inputs
Wired Inputs consist of wired sensors or wired signals from other devices. They are wired to Analog Input (AI), Digital Input (DI), or Universal Input (UI) terminals of controllers that support wired Input points. Wired Inputs are grouped into 2 ...
General: Connecting Wired Outputs
Wired outputs consist of wired output signals to be sent to other devices. They from the Digital Output (DO), Universal Output (UO), and Relay Output (R1, R2,etc.) terminals of controllers that support wired output points. Wired Outputs are grouped ...
Edge iO 28: Power Requirements and Wiring
Power Supply Requirements Supply Voltage 24v AC/DC Current Requirement 700 mA Minimum Transformer Size 17 VA Power Supply Wiring The Edge28 can be powered by 24 volts AC or DC. The 0v wire from the power supply should be connected to the ...
Rubix IO: Getting Started Guide
Introduction to Rubix iO Modules Rubix iO Modules are Nube-iOs physical input/output devices. These compact and scalable physical IO devices are pure modbus and designed to integrate with the rest of the Nube Product Ecosystem, or with third party ...
Rubix IO: Installation and User Manual
Please download the document attached below.