What if my HIN transfer doesn’t work?
Here are a few reasons your HIN/stock transfer request can be rejected or delayed:
- Electronically signed - your transfer request form must be signed by pen.
- Incorrect details - check that you have provided us with the correct HIN and broker PID. Check that the registered name and address are the same as your Marketech account. Check that the stock codes and quantities are listed correctly on your transfer form.
- Identification required - some brokers will ask for a certified copy of your drivers licence to verify your signature.
- Awaiting settlement - did you buy or sell stock with your current broker before sending us the HIN/stock transfer request form? All trades must be settled before we can process the transfer.
- Unmarketable parcel of shares - shares under $500 in value cannot be transferred individually. The only way they can be transferred is if you elect to transfer your entire HIN to Marketech.
It is also possible that your current broker is holding up the process. If you would like to speed up the process you can establish a new HIN with Marketech and then transfer the stock from your other broker once your account has been set up. Please refer to this
article for more information.
How do I transfer my HIN from another broker?
When you complete an online application, you can choose to transfer your HIN from another broker or establish a new HIN with Marketech. **For active traders who want to trade sooner, we RECOMMEND establishing a new HIN and then transferring the stock ...
How do I transfer issuer sponsored holdings to my Marketech account/HIN?
To transfer issuer (SRN) sponsored holdings to your Marketech HIN, simply: Print and complete the attached Issuer Sponsored Holding Transfer Form (the form must be signed by pen). Submit to Marketech at email@example.com Attach copies of your ...
What if my SRN doesn’t match?
You will need to contact the corresponding share registry that manages the company’s stock which can be found on the company’s website.
Are there fees when transferring my holdings to Marketech from another broker?
Marketech do not charge for HIN transfers or uploading stock from an SRN. Off-Market Transfers do attract a fee of $27.50 per holding. This fee is charged to you directly by OpenMarkets, on your authority they will debit the fee directly from your ...
What is CHESS? What is a HIN?
CHESS (Clearing House Electronic Sub-Register System) is the computer system used by the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) to record shareholdings and manage the settlement of share transactions. All trading accounts with Marketech will be CHESS ...